Monday, July 21, 2008

Feel Good: Reflections


Monday mornings are always the craziest for me as I try to get back into the work week swing. Especially since my son has been in a body cast for the past month from breaking his leg. Needless to say, it has been a stressful summer so far. I had finally gotten everything into the car: baby, backpack, wheel chair, pillows, lunch, laptop and of course...my cell phone. I didn't get a chance to check it all morning because of my mommy morning Olympics. I glanced at the phone and noticed I missed three calls. One of which really concerned me... a call from my good friend and webmaster Alan at 6AM. I had to brace myself when I called him back to learn that K - Swift had past away.

K-Swift and I worked together in radio at 92Q in Baltimore. Just hours before Alan’s call, she was involved in a pool accident at her home. To know that this young woman of only 29 had been taken so earlier left me speechless as I looked back at my son in the car seat. K - Swift was more that a night-time personality. She was the ultimate example of having a burning desire to succeed.

I remember Swift as the humble go-getter that waited in the wings for her debut center stage. Once she got her time to shine, she was unstoppable. She accomplished so much in her short life; producer, radio personality, record pool director, and CEO of her own company. The last time I saw K-Swift was in May of 2005 in Miami. She looked radiant and was loving life.

Loving life is a lesson we can all learn. So as my husband and I brought our son to camp for a few hour to visit his friends, I was reminded how blessed we are as a family, broken leg, and all. Each day is a gift. Don’t let office politics, family drama, or uncomfortable situations overwhelm you. Grow from them and create a life you’ll LOVE.

K-Swift, so beautiful, so talented, so LIVING the GOOD LIFE in HEAVEN. R.I.P. baby girl!

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Karen Vaughn Interactive

Work it Mom

Working Divas © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO